Monday, October 13, 2008

Vertical Sundials

The sun came out this weekend! Yes, for the whole one (I don't count a spot of rain at night) after all what you can't see can't hurt you. So we celebrated birthdays, swam and sat with our faces turned to the sun.


14H20 sharp

I have always wanted a wall sundial and look who volunteered! Sweet hermaphrodite, for once doing something useful.


When I went to research the actual thing I found some wonderful pics. This one is found in Cornwall on the South west decliner of St Buryan in Cornwall England. 50°4′30″N, 5°37′15″W
Find out more about vertical sundials here and for some amazing pics here.

2 comments:

Estelle said...

Oh I love your sundial humour!
I hope the sun continues to shine for you. In all senses (-:

Heloise said...

Thanks Estelle and you :)