Friday, February 29, 2008
The birds, the mice, the moles -
the cats that eat the birds, the mice and the moles
that leave the seeds behind that plant themselves.
Some I leave and some I don't,
but thanks for each and every contribution ~ they're all appreciated however small.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
All my plants are wearing brown skirts this month
"One doesn't garden in January in Cape Town." He is right but this year he should include February.
Why? you might ask. Well,
because it's Cape Town (we're surrounded two oceans - double the helping of salt & sun)
it's February behaving badly (like January the windiest month)
and it's pointless because it all gets undone.
I've been feeling guilty and frustrated about all the undone jobs but everytime I stick my nose out I get a free exfoliation. So I'm settling for a good watering regularly and lets see what's left at the end of this month.
May the wind be always at your back.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Tell the award winners that they've won by commenting on their blogs.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
- All Mole Crickets unwelcome
- If you're mother was a Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you're father fraternised with a Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you resemble a Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you're long distant cousin resembles a Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you live in a Mole Cricket hole you're unwelcome
- If you know a Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you smell of Mole Cricket you're unwelcome
- If you wear Mole Cricket brown you've got bad taste, and you're unwelcome
- Even if you're a dead Mole cricket you still give me the kreeps so take your aura elsewhere!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
FatCat (alias Louise ~ yes, from 'Thelma & Louise' but unfortunately Thelma her sister is with us no longer)
I love all things feline and FatCat is the grand old lady of my domain. She peruses the garden and it's goings-on from a quiet dignified distance. Nothing is rushed, and if anything noteworthy is taking place she will let me know by sitting near the said event facing it like an arrow but with a lot more class. After all pointing is unforgivably rude.