Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wanted or Unwanted?


This weekend I went to visit my folks and discovered that their lemon tree had been invaded by hundreds of ladybirds feasting on whatever else was feasting on the mildew.


They seemed to come in all patterns, colours and sizes. Can anyone tell me whether these are the ladybirds of 'killer' fame or not. Not so long ago I featured the red alert here!
The only thing that they seem to have in common is the two white spots on either sides of there heads.

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

So much variety!

Maybe this link is of some help...
http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-lady-bugs.htm

Heloise said...

Thank you Nicolette! I'm going to pass the info on to my parents. If I find any nasties in my garden I'm definitely going to give some of the remedies a try.