Friday, July 18, 2008

It's not what you know but who!

I'm only now catching up with all my e-mails. I'm the happy recipient of Gardening in South Africa's newsletter written by Darlene. For a haphazard gardener like me it's very comforting to know that there is someone out there still keeping track of the seasons and what should grow where.
"lemon butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" Darlene's kitty.
Always jam packed with useful info and tips it has great plant pics too (see the cherries). But my favourite tip by far in this edition is lemon peel as a cat detterrent in your pots. My feline friends have completely misplaced their toilet manners in this wet weather and as you can imagine something has gotta give! For more on this tip go here.

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Love your Kitty Plant!! Midas cat loves to lay down in the sun in a plant pot.

Seasons... well we’re supposed to have Summer, but it’s more like Harvest overhere.

Heloise said...

Hi Nicolette I must say if I was a cat I'd do the same ;)