Monday, November 26, 2007

You say tomato...

And I was going to say, where?
But now I have some!
Yes, don't laugh, that is my vegetable patch. An island in the 'Sea of Thorns'.
At the beginning of the season I planted lettuce, onions, strawberries and tomatoes (my first attempt at a vegetable garden) and I looked forward to reaping the rewards of my labour. Well, I'm glad Fruit&Veg never phoned back with that order for local organic produce.

So now you might have a feeling for my huge sense of achievement.

I've had a fabulous weekend. Sunday the sun came out and we spent the perfect day walking on the beach, swimming, pottering in the garden and even ended it with a summer braai & some crisp white wine - perfect. Today is a repeat of last week. Stranger and stranger.

3 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

I LOVE it!!!

Sam Suttie said...

My fiance' and I are lovers of growing what you eat, we live in a second story apartment with a small balcony where we have our babies...our herbs. I can't wait till we have a spot of land to grow our own tomatoes!!! you lucky lucky thing.

Heloise said...

Hullo there & welcome nunu pepe. I know, I just wish I was better at it!