Tuesday, June 3, 2008

'Tis not the season


This weekend we had the pleasure of a visit from Ireland. I wanted to put some flowers in the guest room but after having a look at the predictable shop versions I decided to try my garden - ambitious for this time of year! As it turns out, even more so than I thought.


So I decided to make it a 'spent-season' bouquet. A gathering of garlic chive seed heads, spent rose heads, butterfly bush stalks, berries and basil pods with some green in between.


Ok, and I admit to stealing the honeysuckle from my neighbours, but it's growing through my wall!
Some people might only see the spent but I find it quite pleasing on the eye.

3 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

Soooo very much better than store bought! A delightful posy with a story! [right down to the honeysuckle!]

Tracey said...

Very pretty. Anything is fair game in my yard for the next floral creation- I applaud your creativity, and your neighbor's honeysuckle vine! (I am "the Neighbor" with the bittersweet vine)when autumn rolls around!

Heloise said...

Welcome Tracey, sorry for the delay in reply but we've been having internet problems. All I can say is thank goodness for neighbours like you - I wouldn't have nearly the choice otherwise :)