Monday, June 30, 2008

My gardens week in short

The last week in my garden started with rain.


And lots of it. 4 out of my 5 newly planted proteas have gone over to the dark side and joined the dead plant society. They clearly just don't dig my garden unless it's six feet under

I'm also saying a final goodbye to my little tomatoes - these are the last of them I think.


There are things, however, that do like these conditions!

And much to my astonishment the sweetpeas are at it again in a different bed?! Not to be left behind the gooseberries are clearly not going to be the wall flowers - they've just taken over all the other bald spots. I'm even potting them for the ceramics class!

The only colour in my garden at the moment.

And the week ended, yes, in more rain. Winter is truly apon us.

No comments: