Friday, February 22, 2008

The Uninvited Guest

The Cape Doctor needs no invitation and comes and goes as it pleases - with abandon.


All my plants are wearing brown skirts this month

I recently met an Englishman who resides here for part of the year, and he made an enlightening statement.
"One doesn't garden in January in Cape Town." He is right but this year he should include February.
Why? you might ask. Well,
because it's Cape Town (we're surrounded two oceans - double the helping of salt & sun)
it's February behaving badly (like January the windiest month)
and it's pointless because it all gets undone.

I've been feeling guilty and frustrated about all the undone jobs but everytime I stick my nose out I get a free exfoliation. So I'm settling for a good watering regularly and lets see what's left at the end of this month.
May the wind be always at your back.

No comments: