Monday, March 24, 2014

Pottering Over A Long Weekend

This past Saturday I visited the Potters Market in Rondebosch Park for the first time. 
What a feast for the eyes. From plates that are art, to platters to feast from there was something for everyone. I have tried to capture some of the bustle, creativity and people. 

Unfortunately I was not able to get the names of everyone's work that is featured here because of the crowds, however I have tried where possible and if your work is featured and you would like me to add a credit please contact me and I will gladly do so.


Belinda Ormond helped by Paul on the day
Belinda's (my teacher and mentor) lovely stall, with her beautiful vases, bowls, proteas and quirky little men put a smile on my dial.



The Rhino, birdy & grasshopper belong to Sonja Moore. 

Petro van Zyl & daughter from De Kleipot

more from De Kleipot 

Magical glazes by John the Potter

Music by Johan de Meyer and the Proudly Macassar Pottery

Spoons by Sonja Moore and purple nail polish by innocent bystander 

top right plates by PB ceramics & tiles by De Kleipot
So much loveliness makes the heart a happy place. 

No comments: